- Serves as the Town’s fiscal officer.
- Prepares budget estimates of Town revenues & expenses and provides proposed tax rates to the Town Council
- Maintains custody of the Town seal and records of the Town Council
- Issues Licenses and Permits and collects appropriate fees
- Serves as clerk of the Town Council by attending the meetings and recording the proceedings
- Serves as the administrative head of Chesterfield’s water and wastewater utilities
- Administers oaths and taking depositions
Learn more about the clerk/treasurer position as outlined in the Indiana Code.